Terms and Conditions Au Pairs
“THE AGENCY” refers to Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”)
“THE CLIENT” refers to a person who appoints The Agency to introduce them to the au pair/mother’s help candidates.
- These terms apply to all contracts or agreements made between The Client and Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) through completion of the Family Profile or registration
- Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) act as an Agent for introductions and does not employ candidates
- The Client confirms that all information supplied to Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) is honest, correct and complete. By providing data, The Client consents to the processing of data in accordance with the Safety and Privacy Statement
- Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) will activate The Client’s profile after receipt of deposit. The Agency supplies details of selected candidate(s) to The Client. If no relevant candidates are available at the time of registration, then details will be provided as soon as possible.
The Client can interview some or all of the candidates supplied
- A placement fee becomes due the moment that The Client confirms one of the candidates. Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) will email The Client for the invoice for the placement fee.
- Our fee includes a FREE 30 day replacement guarantee. (Not on Summer placements)
- In the event of a candidate needing to leave during the guarantee period, either for personal reasons or due unsuitability, The Client must notify Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) in writing immediately stating the reasons.
- The Agency cannot guarantee that a suitable candidate is available for immediate replacement but existing Clients are always given priority. A placement is offered on a like-for-like basis. Should no replacement candidate be offered within 30 days of written report, a refund may be applied for, subject to a £100 administration fee. Refunds/replacements are subject to punctual payment of full Fee. No refunds are payable where the client requests that no replacement be found. Unreasonable rejection of replacement candidates may result in delays and will not entitle customers to refund. If there are reasonable grounds to consider either breach of contract (see family obligations below) or the family’s treatment of the au pair to be unsatisfactory or material deviation from the role agreed with the agency, no refund or replacement will be offered. Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”)’s decision will be final in this respect.
- Upon expiry of the guarantee period it is agreed that the engagement is satisfactory and that The Agency’s obligations have been fulfilled. If the candidate leaves after the guarantee period, agency fees apply for further placements.
- In the unlikely event that the au pair decides to cancel after initial acceptance the agency will find a replacement as per replacement guarantee. If the Client decides to cancel after the au pair has accepted, the placement fee still applies. No refund can be made should the client retain the services of a candidate considered unsuitable. Visa delay is not a valid reason for replacement or refund.
- Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) acts as an Agent for introductions and does not employ au pairs. Every effort is made by Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) to ensure that candidates introduced to The Client are suitable for the position offered. It is the responsibility of The Client to check references and to be satisfied as to the suitability of the Candidate.
- Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage, expense or injury resulting from an introduction. The Agency advises both the au pair and the host family to take out appropriate insurance.
- The Agency shall not be responsible or liable for any breach by the candidate of the terms of engagement of for any other act or omission whether wilful, negligent or otherwise.
- The Client must ensure sufficient funds are available to settle the placement fee and to pay weekly pocket money. Any related charges are payment by the customer.
- These terms are subject to English law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Client must accept the obligations of being a host family.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE HOST FAMILY
Provide your au pair/mother’s help with
- A written agreement Best Au Pair Barcelona (“BAB”) signed by both parties prior to or on start date in line with role agreed with agency
- Time to settle in, with your guidance, training and support
- Clear written guidance on what is expected in line with role agreed with agency
- Full board
- Furnished room for the au pair’s own use
- Pocket money paid weekly (according to contract with au pair)
- Time off and support to attend appropriate language classes
- A warm welcome as part of the family, including airport collection
- A minimum of two weeks paid holiday every six months.
- Two weeks paid notice (live-in)
- Driving assessment + lessons if au pair is required to drive: access to insured and safe vehicle
- Extra pocket money for extra help
- Optional incentives to encourage a long and happy engagement
If a family fails to comply with the ‘obligations of a host family’ we reserve the right to terminate the au pair placement
Au Pairs are entitled to 14 days notice of termination except in cases of gross misconduct. Dismissal without required notice will result in forfeiture of any credit or refund due. Costs incurred by the au pair or by the Agency o the Au Pairs behalf will be charged to the client (e.g. pocket money in lieu of notice, accommodation, and transportation)
We expect host families to respect the recommendation provided in the practical guide ‘what is an au pair’ on our website.